Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis as applications are submitted. Classes fill quickly, so students should submit the application as early as possible.
- Applicants must have completed at least the 9th grade by June 19, 2023.
- Applicants should be pursuing a rigorous high school curriculum.
- Applicants are required to attend all class meetings beginning Monday, June 19, 2023, late arrivals or attendance cannot be accommodated.
- Applicants may be either a domestic or international student.
In addition to the requirements listed above, international applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in ONE of the following ways:
- Minimum scores of 600 on the SAT Critical Reading exam (previous SAT) or 650 on the SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing Exam (redesigned SAT) or 27 on the ACT English exam; OR
- A minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL iBT (with a minimum score of 20 in each section); OR
- A minimum IELTS score of 7; OR
- A minimum PTE score of 68 OR
- A minimum Duolingo English Test score of 120
- Provide a completed USC Summer Programs’ English Proficiency Waiver
Please be aware that applicants cannot send scores directly from the exam website. The institution code for USC will result in scores being sent to Undergraduate Admissions. For example, to submit TOEFL scores: log in to the TOEFL system and open the “View Scores” option under the “Scores” menu. Download the score report as a PDF and upload it to the application on the application portal.
- Applicants can apply to three courses, but will be admitted into and enrolled in only one course. Each course requires five to six hours of instruction per day. It is not possible for students to enroll in multiple courses.
- If an applicant’s preferred course is full or canceled for any reason and they are a qualified applicant, they will be admitted into and enrolled in their second or third choice course. Applicants will be contacted, via email, by the USC Summer Programs Office if a space in their preferred course becomes available.
- Applicants will be notified of an acceptance to the program by email. The notification is sent to the email address provided during the online registration. Be sure to use an email address that is checked frequently.
- Applicants are responsible to monitor the status of their application and the submission of application documents via the application portal. Applications will not be reviewed until ALL tasks have been completed and submitted. Students will be notified, via email, only when their application has been submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
All communication from the USC Summer Programs’ Office, including application status, program updates, and payment, will be sent through email. When registering for the application, students must use an email address that is checked frequently.
- Complete and submit the online application through the application portal:
- Complete the 300 to 500 word essay written by the applicant (essay prompts are accessible in the application portal).
- Request a teacher, counselor, or mentor who can comment on the applicant’s academic achievement, level of maturity, and personal integrity to complete the online letter of recommendation form.
- Request a school administrator upload a PDF high school transcript via the applicant’s online application; the request must be sent to a school official’s professional email address.
- Pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee.
- Once all tasks have been completed, review and click “Submit” in the application portal.
Review our Application Guide and Best Practices for more information.
Note: The USC Summer Programs Application is only used for the USC Summer Programs admissions process. Admission to and/or participation in this program does not guarantee admission to USC or its various schools. Students interested in applying to an undergraduate degree program must follow the application procedures set forth by the USC Office of Admission.
All application tasks must be submitted by this date and time to be considered for the 2023 USC Summer Programs.
Domestic Student Application: Friday, May 5, 2023, 4:00 p.m. PT
International Student Application: Friday, March 31, 2023, 4:00 p.m. PT
TUITION & FEES
|Room & Board||$2,860||-|
Note: Students are required to pay a nonrefundable deposit of $500 to secure their seat in their accepted course. This deposit will be applied to the total program cost.
There are additional mandatory fees for international students, please refer to the International Students page for information.
TUITION & FEES DEFINITIONS
Instructional costs. Four-week course tuition is based on the USC standard tuition rate for the three units of university elective credit awarded.
Course Materials & Academic Field Trips
This fee will cover the cost of academic field trips, text books, and additional materials requested by academic instructors. These materials and academic field trips are not included in the program fee.
The program fee will cover the cost of on-campus social activities and off-campus recreational trips. Please note that additional spending money for shopping during off-campus trips is not included in the program fee.
Room & Board
Room and board fee will cover a shared room in the residence hall, three meals a day in the USC dining hall, meals on academic field trips, and two meals on Saturdays before non-academic field trips. Commuter meals can be purchased a la carte.
Student Health Center
The student health center fee is mandatory for access to the University Park Student Health Center. A mandatory fee for all on-campus programs.
Students who do not submit proof of personal health insurance by the deadline will also be enrolled in and billed for the USC Student Health Insurance Policy (separate from the health center fee). International students, and students currently living abroad, are automatically enrolled in the USC Student Health Insurance Policy for the duration of the program.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
All cancellation requests must be made in writing to email@example.com. Application fees or deposits are nonrefundable. Any tuition paid to the university will be refunded, not including fees and deposits, if processed before the university withdrawal date of June 22, 2023. The university will not refund tuition, room and board, or any other program fees for students dismissed from the program or unable to enter the country due to an improper visa.