The USC School of Dramatic Arts offers an opportunity for you to work with theatre professionals and explore a creative experience in the dramatic arts.
This conservatory-style “Acting Intensive” training course will challenge you and offer a strong foundation in the craft of acting. The program, taught by the school’s world-class faculty, emphasizes process and includes scene study, movement, voice, as well as on-camera acting workshops and a monologue audition master class. The program culminates in a workshop performance for family and friends.
Summer Theatre Conservatory is also offered in Comedy Performance and Musical Theatre.
June 18 – July 15, 2023
Tuition & Application
- Learn from theatre professionals in an inclusive, collaborative, and interactive, conservatory-style environment
- Participate in off-campus field trips to see professional theatre in Los Angeles (subject to schedule availability)
- Culminate your summer experience with workshop productions viewed by faculty, students, family, and friends
Topic of Study
- Core practice: movement, voice, acting techniques, and theory
- Scene study and using scripted material of contemporary and classical text
- Workshops in text, analysis, theory history and criticism, improv, and acting for the camera
- Auditioning for universities
HEAR FROM OUR FORMER STUDENTS
The exercises and lessons taught me to slowly stop being scared to move around in my own space. I also felt super cared for from all the workshop activities that were offered to just the fact that I knew I could email anyone and have a supportive response. This experience made me super excited for college rather than nervous.
USC Summer Program 2021